The course is sold out.
This two-day course not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum. This course puts theory into action through a 59-minute Scrum, which simulates a Scrum project through a non-technical group exercise. During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process such as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization. Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Planning meeting, and Burndown Charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team. Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be designated Certified ScrumMaster. This certification includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available.
Participants Will Learn:
• Practical, project-proven practices
• The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
• How to write user stories for the product backlog
• Why there's more to leading a self-organizing team than buying pizza and getting
out of the way
• How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
• How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes
in the hundreds
• Tips and tricks from the instructor's ten-plus years of using Scrum in a wide
variety of environments
PMPs: You can receive 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs) for this course.