"With microservices every outage is like a murder mystery" is a common complaint. But it doesn't have to be! This talk gives an overview on how to monitor Spring Boot applications, since they are increasingly popular for building microservices. We dive into:
* System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
* Application logs: Collect and parse your logs.
* Uptime monitoring: Use Heartbeat to ping services and actively monitor their availability.
* Application metrics: Get the information from Boot's metric and health endpoints, store it, and visualize it.
* Request tracing: Use Sleuth to trace requests through a distributed system and Zipkin to show how long each call takes.
And we will do all of that live, since it is so easy and much more interactive that way.