Since beginning his career at Yahoo!, Badi has lived in four countries, worked for multi-national companies, led software teams to build beautiful software. Currently based in Johannesburg, Badi is the Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of VALR, a cryptocurrency Exchange and focusses on building the tools and products necessary for transforming the world of finance through adoption of blockchain technology.
unfold_lessunfold_more Lessons learned from running a cryptocurrency exchange
- You will have a better understanding of how blockchain and cryptocurrencies work
- You will also delve deep into the fundamentals of blockchain security (e.g, cryptographic security, multi-signature etc..)
- You will learn about the core components required to build a cryptocurrency product like an Exchange
- You will see why blockchain and cryptocurrencies have the potential to transform how we live our lives
Technology has transformed many industries in the past decade. Numerous Internet services have made traditional businesses like the Post Office, newspapers, video renting service, television networks and radio stations obsolete. Only such players with the vision and the ability to recognize the need to transform their businesses by embracing these technologies have stayed on and flourished. In this age when technology is continuing to transform several industries, "money" as we know it is being transformed by blockchain and cryptocurrency technology and it is time for us to embrace this new technology or be left behind. In my talk, you'll get a better understanding of how blockchain and cryptocurrencies work, the potential of technology to transform the way we live our lives. I'll also be talking about building the core components any crypto service, the fundamentals of wallet security and how to run a technology-based business embracing in this emerging field.
unfold_lessunfold_more Blockchain and cryptocurrencies - a deep dive
- Deep-dive into the details of how blockchains work
- Cryptographic algorithms and incentives used to make the blockchain networks secure
- Various threats to blockchain security
- Development frameworks used to work with blockchain technology
After the monumental decline of Bitcoin from $20,000 to the current value of $4,100 - the question still on everyone's mind is whether Bitcoin, or any cryptocurrency for that matter, ever had any potential to transform the way we see the future of money. The core fundamentals of blockchain and Bitcoin haven't changed and is continuing to make headway into making us see that the future of money is going to be driven by technology. In this talk, we'll take a deep dive into blockchain and cryptocurrency technology and the single-most key aspect when we have to rely on technology to manage our money: Security. We'll look at the various pieces of the puzzle like the cryptographic algorithms and incentives that make our wallets and blockchain networks secure. We'll also touch upon a few tools and frameworks available for developers to start building applications using blockchain.