President of Touchlab, a mobile experts shop https://touchlab.co. Host of NYC Android Meetup and Droidcon NYC. Future proofer.
unfold_lessunfold_more Intro to Kotlin Multiplatform
- How Kotlin targets more than the JVM
- What the "Multiplatform" plugin is and how it works
- How to get started writing shared code for the JVM, Web, and Native platforms
- Where the platform is and where it's going in the near future.
unfold_lessunfold_more Kotlin Multiplatform Library Development
- Learn the basics of library development for Kotlin Multiplatform.
- How to pick platforms to deploy to and how to configure multiple source sets.
- How to approach wrapping existing platform libraries and writing from scratch.
- Where and how to deploy libraries.
One of the most important parts of any software ecosystem is the community support and library development. Kotlin as a platform is certainly no exception. For developers looking to get involved in the open-source world, this is a great time do jump in. While simple libraries are fairly straightforward, there are many details involved in implementing significant libraries. Where to use expect/actual? How to wrap existing libraries? How do handle testing, CI, publishing, etc. There's a lot you need to know, and the platform is changing fast.